CEDAR DNS 2 is a small, light and portable 2-channel hardware dialogue noise supressor that can be used on location as well as in the studio or edit suite. In response to the many requests for a “2-channel DNS 8 Live”, CEDAR undertook to find out what the market really wanted from such a device. It soon became clear that this was not simply fewer channels in another rackmount unit, but something much smaller, lighter, and more portable that could be used on location as well as in the studio or edit suite. So CEDAR developed the CEDAR DNS 2, which satisfies all of these criteria, and many more.
The CEDAR DNS 2 incredibly simple to use; its new DNS algorithm requires nothing more than switching on the Learn function that identifies and adapts to the background noise and then dialing-in the amount of noise attenuation required. As always, this offers near-zero latency, so that the DNS 2 can be used for live sound and live broadcast. And, as always, it eliminates traffic noise, air conditioning, wind, rain, babble and general background noise from audio signals. It will also help to compensate for unfavourable acoustic conditions and poor microphone placement, and will even suppress excessive reverberation.
Yet despite being so small and light that you can slip it inside a pocket or equipment bag, the DNS 2 offers analogue line and microphone inputs (the latter with switchable 48V phantom powering), an AES digital input, and both analogue and digital outputs. With its 12V power input and mounting points for use with other equipment, sound engineers can indeed use it in the middle of a field as easily as in the studio or the edit suite.
– Small, light and portable
– Near-zero latency
– The latest DNS algorithm with super-fast setup and control
– Analogue (mic / mic 48V / line) and digital I/O
– 12V power
– Two linkable channels of CEDAR dialogue noise suppression
– Fully automatic processing in Learn mode
– Floating point processor, 2.4 GFLOP/s, 40-bit resolution
– Digital input and output (AES3)
– 24-bit resolution
– Sample rate (internal sync.) 48kHz
– Sample rate (external sync.) 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 96kHz
Balanced analog line inputs and outputs
– Nominal level: +4dBu with 20dB headroom
– Gain range: -6dB to +54dB
– Dynamic range: > 102dB
Ultra low-noise microphone preamplifiers
– Gain range: +18dB to +78dB
– Dynamic range: >102dB (at 36dB gain)
– Individually switchable phantom power
– 8VDC to 17.5VDC (nominal 12V)
– Power consumption: 4W typical, 6W maximum
– Mains operation (85VAC – 250VAC) via supplied adapter
– Dimensions: 164mm x 110mm x 44mm
– Weight: <500g
For more information, please visit this product's webpage.